|Getting it right underneath
- Fit is everything in a bra. Go to a good
boutique or store and have an expert "fit" you. It may feel
uncomfortable for a stranger to do this, but it's the best
way to get a perfect fitting bra.
- For form-fitting, low-cut apparel, give
Mother Nature a boost and use a push-up bra for the best
- For larger-busted women, choose a full
cup with underwire. Minimizers can help reduce the bustline,
- For smaller busts, choose padded push-up
- Have a wardrobe of lingerie -- casual
looks call for simple, comfy (often cotton) styles; sexier
looks for lace, maybe even a thigh-high and garter belt.
Have fun with it.
- Don't forget the details. Remember to
switch to smooth-seamed cups for knit shirts and wear the
appropriate color: wear a nude colored bra with light tops;
black with dark. Make sure your straps don't show. Switch to
strapless if they do.
- For fitted bottoms, choose thongs or
super-smooth panties. Make sure your panty lines don't show.
- Choose one-piece or slip-type stretch
slimmers for the sleekest lines under fitted dresses.
- For full coverage, there are even
pantliners that go practically to the ankle.
- The bare-legged look may seem chic, but
there are varicose veins, uneven tans and razor stubble to
contend with. And there's nary a control-top in sight.
Instead, opt for nude-colored, sheer pantyhose (sandalfoot,
of course) to get the same look.